STACKED SLICES: FINAL MODEL!

___

As discussed in my previous blog post, for my stacked slices model I decided to create a silly, fun and decorative object as I enjoyed the idea of creating some sort of functional toy that could be customized!

Glasses option #1

Glasses option #2

Glasses option #3


I painted the head to reflect the rendered model and I also added various sequins, gems and ribbon that can be removed and replaced to add onto the ‘customization’ aspect I was going for.

Laser cut files
While laser cutting the wood however, the engraving details were so unnoticeable that I had to go in with a pencil after each cut to write the according number down. I also ran into issues when assembling the wood together as the original sheets were warped which made it difficult to get a straight assemble.

FINISHED PIECE









Overall I am happy with the finished product!


Comments