3D-PRINTED CHESS SET: SEMI-COMPLETED

___ As discussed last week, I decided to create a Kingdom Hearts inspired chess set.

Unfortunately due to the shortened timeline to complete this project, I was not able to achieve all that I wanted to in the scope of the assignment. Luckily due to the upcoming winter break, however, I plan to take my time in completing each piece the way I intended to which includes sanding all the pieces down, painting them as well as creating the chess board from my renders.

SKETCHES

My sketches included the emblems represented in the game as the toppers of the base. I ended up creating 12 pieces in total as I wanted to have the black and white chess pieces be different from each other. I ended up switching up some of the represented emblems as they were too detailed to 3D print at the scale I wanted as well.

Something I was unsure about was how to go about exactly printing the pieces as I wanted to use as little support as possible due to how difficult it would be to remove from certain areas. While speaking to my classmates about my ideas as well as my concerns during our in-class peer-to-peer sessions, it was brought up that I 3D print my pieces cut in half. I decided to implement this idea and overall it was extremely successful.


RENDERS

These renders include all the pieces displayed together. The chess board also draws inspiration from the board used in the game Kingdom Hearts as it uses the same display mechanism of risen platforms and a funky checker space.






DOCUMENTATION
3D models through slicer and printing!

PRINTS





Comments