SURFACE DESIGN LASER CUT: ISLAMIC ART!

___

Final Islamic Art laser cut design featuring Surah Al Ikhlas

As discussed in the previous blog post, I worked on creating some designs to later laser cut. 

In order to laser cut my piece, I turned the surface design into grayscale and I created multiple different design cut-outs. Despite the amount of detail in my original surface design, I decided to remove a lot of the background as I was unsure how the laser would work with ceramic tiles and I wanted the Arabic calligraphy to be the focal point of the piece. This then led me to choose to laser cut the right two pieces!


After much research into my design and Islamic Art as well, I decided that I wanted to laser cut into a ceramic tile as the Islamic Art genre often worked with mosaic tiles, ceramics and stone.



Finding a tile to work with was extremely difficult however and through a long search I ended up finding some craft ceramic coaster tiles at Micheals that ended up working really well.



Overall the outcome was extremely successful!

Comments