NEW MODEL: MOSQUE!

___


model in "Pen" view
For my first assignment back at OBDF, I decided to create a "castle" that focuses on my culture, religion and heritage which is a Mosque. I also wanted to create a piece that centres on the basics of Rhino as it has been a year since I used the program and I needed a refresher on getting the hang of commands such as Revolve, ArrayPolar, BooleanUnion, Loft etc again which was a bit of a challenge remembering for the type of look I was going for with my piece.

Despite the few blocks I had trying to remember how to work in Rhino again, it was a lot of fun to be back. I feel that I got the hang of the program once again especially after making that my main focus with this assignment however I definitely want to exclusively work on my rendering and lighting skills as I feel my models lack in that area, especially with this piece. For the model itself, I decided to work on creating a playful bubbly Mosque that works with organic yet animated shapes and I feel as if I was overall successful in achieving that. Getting my creativity flowing again after the break was a bit difficult and I also drew heavy inspiration for this piece from multiple 3D artists such as Ahmad Aliffudin and Gilang Prakoso on the site Dribbble.


++ images




Comments

  1. The clouds are awesome. The mosque is good too, those clouds are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment